Using our proprietary ORGANDOT® platform, our PHASEZERO® scientists developed the 3D Liver Fibrosis model
- Prepared from readily available, high-quality human hepatocytes, Kupffer cells, and stellate cells
- Recapitulates liver morphology, maintaining viability and functionality for up to 28 days in culture
- Treatment of the cells with TGFb1 stimulates changes in fibrogenic markers at the gene, protein and functional level
- Co-administration of the ALK5 inhibitor, SB525334, was able to prevent fibrotic changes and rescue the functionality of the ORGANDOT cultures.
- Valuable for evaluating new anti-fibrotic drugs or for studying the mechanism of fibrosis induction and hepatic stellate cell activation
- Long-term viability of ORGANDOT cultures enables sequential or chronic compound testing
Features & Benefits
The advancements in functionality, robustness, throughput, and study design enabled by the 3D Liver Fibrosis ORGANDOT model provide relevant human data on the effects of test compounds on hepatocyte and stellate cell function in a rapid and reproducible manner.
Advantages of the ORGANDOT System
- 3D microtissues recapitulate original tissue architecture and functionality
- Robust function, longevity
- Compatible with multiple endpoint assays such as mediator release, cell viability/proliferation/apoptosis, ICC & qRT-PCR
- Simultaneous testing of multiple treatments and schedules delivers comprehensive compound profiles within a shorter time period
To read more about the model, please click here.
Other Relevant 3D models include:
3D Respiratory Model
3D Pancreatic isletORGANDOT Model
3D Cancer ORGANDOT Model