Tissue Microarrays (TMAs) provide our customer with a screening tool representing multiple donors. TMAs can discover new protein or genetic markers and can be tools in diagnostic development and validation. Tissue arrays can also measure protein, RNA or DNA markers, and are compatible with immunohistochemistry (IHC) staining and potentially in situ hybridization (ISH). Standard human derived TMAs of tumor and normal samples are available for research studies (from FFPE or Frozen tissue). Products are available both as sections as well as whole block. Custom TMAs are available upon request.
BioIVT Tissue Microarrays (TMAs), specifically designed for drug discovery and clinical marker research, can be used in development of diagnostics, therapeutics and for the study of new gene/protein markers. Each TMA is accompanied by a representative map and key that includes clinical and donor demographics. All specimens are collected using consented donors under IRB approval and are pre-reviewed by a board certified pathologist to confirm tissue type and diagnosis.
Our high-density, high-quality oncology and normal tissue FFPE microarrays are currently available in three standard formats:
- Core4OncArray representing over 120 cases (360 0.6mm cores) of breast, prostate, lung and colon cancer with representative normal tissue from each organ
- CoreNormArray representing a FDA panel of 36 normal tissues from 3 donors (324 0.6mm cores)
- CoreOncArray representing 12 different tumor types with associated normal controls with 72 unique samples (144 1.0mm cores)
- CoreLuFibArray representing IPF (9), PF (4) and normal (4) lung samples, with 34 cores
In addition, the following TMAs are available:
- fCoreFDAArray representing 36 FDA/EMA cross-reactivity tissues arranged across three separate frozen arrays, each containing 12 non-diseased human tissues in duplicate, from three donors (72 1.5mm cores)
- Custom designed microarrays are available through our PHASEZERO® services
Features & Benefits
- All specimens collected using consented donros under IRB approval
- All specimens are pre-reviewed by a board certified pathologist to confirm tissue type and diagnosis
- High-density, high-quality with normal tissues on same TMA
- Map and Key of each TMA available that includes clinical and donor demographics